Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My Hippie Confession

You guys.  If you've been following this blog or are my friend on social media, you might know about my tendencies to lean a little on the hippie side.  Things have changed and I feel, out of fairness to myself and the hippie/granola community, I need to confess.


I no longer make my own laundry detergent or dishwasher detergent.

*GASP*

I know.  I never saw it coming.  I was cruising through life enjoying the high and the rush that comes with doing things naturally and saving money and, pardon my french, Damning it to the Man.  But then I joined a Facebook group about laundry and all things cleaning and I was appalled.

The soap used in homemade laundry detergent is not made for clothes and actually traps the dirt on the garments.  Plus, it creates buildup in the machine.  

*GASP*

I had been living a lie for years.  YEARS!

We've actually kept real detergent on hand for our towels for a long time because they just smelled all the time.  Imagine that.  You can even "strip" your clothes using a mixture of detergent and boosters and you should see the dirt that comes out of those clothes.  

So, I've seen there error of my ways and I apologize for leading any of you astray.  Let's unite in cleanliness ;-)

(And then I realized I had had enough of all the film on our dishes and just bought the real stuff.)

BUT, I still make and use my homemade deodorant and make Oliver's bath wash so the hippies can't kick my out yet.  



No comments:

Post a Comment